What I would have said if Sal had called on me

In class we were talking about whether African American were geneticlly made to be better at sports. And some people thought yes. But what I wanted them to realize is that they're wrong. I mean that in the nicest way of course. But not all Afrcan Americans are tall, many are average size as well. African Americans are not the only tall race. I have many white friends standing at a towering 6'4" or more. So why aren't whites praised for their supirior sports skills? Were they geneticlly made for it? Just because the African American that play professional sports and praised for those sports are so good doesn't mean that they didn't work to get there. Or that a white athlete is just as good as they are. Do you really think Fat Joe can do a slam dunk? He isn't white right? Not only that but a black professional footballer isn't the same as a black professional basketball player. How are they supposed to know which sport they were made for? Are they not given the choice?

My main point ot all this rambeling is that race is not a biology and certain races aren't built geneticlly better than others. Society and media play a huge part in all our confusion. If we would stop glorifying our differences and start showing our similarities there wouldn't be so much confusion.

This just one of the many things I wanted to add during class, when Sal didn't call on me. ;P