Why does life get in the way of living?!?!

I'm really not a very materialistic person. My parents can't really ground me by taking away the tv or phone b/c i dont really need them. I think I'll survive thank you. But It's one thing if my parents or friends take something of mine b/c they can give it back. But today I either lost or someone stole my iPod. I was freaking out. It's not b/c I need music or anything but b/c my parents spent sooooo much money on it. That iPod was the most expensive gift I've ever gotten and I worked really hard taking care of it and not letting it go to waste. If it was my own money I would upset but b/c it's not I'm really depressed.

I find it annoying how we keep talking about living life and how the American culture is so busy working they forget to live. This iPod insident is just more thing added on my shoulders from our already demanding society. B/c of school and work and grades i hardly have time to live and enjoy what all that hard work is for. We work to get a good jod to make tons of money and be happy. But I want to work to make some money that I can spend on vacations and family. I dont want to put it in the bank only to make more of it. I want to enjoy my money and use it to add little perks to my life. At my age I can only do that so sparingly. But thankfully I have such great parents that every once and a while they get me something really nice. Now that my iPod is gone, I just feel guilty my parents went through all the trouble to get it just for me.

Why do bad things happen to good people? Why do little stupid things like this and work and stress have to get in the way of just living and being happy?

I've had time to cool off now but that's b/c I still havent told my Dad...but I'll wait for that happy day to come later. ;P